This is a great shooting game that players can play outside of practice while giving the players a goal to reach in a friendly competition.
Have players partner up with one basketball at a hoop. The first player shooting starts at one of the elbows while the other player is getting ready to rebound.
- Have the one player go from elbow to elbow shooting shots
- If they make the shot, it is plus 2 and if they miss the shot it is minus 1
- Shoot until a player either gets to minus 5 or plus 7
- If a player gets to plus 7, they get one point
- The first player to three points wins
- Players have 2 options of moving from elbow to elbow: they can either slide across the free-throw line, or they can slide around the key
||9-12 (Learn-to-Train Stage)
|KEY TEACHING POINTS
- Have players focus on proper shooting mechanics
- Make sure players are low and shot ready as they come into the shot
- Change the plus/minus figures for more of a challenge (i.e. plus 1, minus 1 or plus 2, minus 1, etc.)
- Make it a timed game, providing the players with some shot pressure while increasing their heart rate and cardio
- Modify the scores they have to reach (i.e. minus 10 or plus 10) for a greater challenge